Follow on Strava

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Day 25 – Evernote Learning – Burma Research – Ride to Phuket Research – Bus to Bangkok

Sunrise over the Mekong, ChiangKhong Green Inn.
Before going to bed, I learned the bus to Bangkok was at 8am.

I set my alarm for 5:20am and had a cold shower. I got outside for a quick stroll (I like this town a lot!) then got down to some learning:
-I was able to get a pretty good grasp on Evernote (It’s awesome for keeping track of travel idea’s, itineraries, airline confirmations, etc.)  I THINK it is especially awesome for premium account holders ($5 per month) to be able to use off line when there is no wi-fi. (However, I am now on bus with no Wi-Fi and it does not work! Typical me! I think you have to ‘allow’ it or something. Fucking Fuck.
- I learned how to down load a movie on Itunes! Looking forward to watching “Inside Job” – a documentary on those fucking few banking bastards who brought down the economy in the sub-prime crisis. (I feel that this 90 day ‘sabbatical’ is ‘fall out’ from the sub-prime crisis.)
- I think I figured out Downcast. I’ve been somewhat enjoying Tim Ferriss’s blog and podcast. However, I’m still not sure when I have it downloaded or streamed. It’s been a tad frustrating.

At 6am I confirmed the bus to Bangkok was at 8am. At 7am I thought I would try to get  some food … and double confirm the bus was at 8am.
Nope – bus is at 3:30 or 4pm.

I spent the day reading about Burma, and Learning Evernote. (I also found a kind of bike shop that had tubes that I Think will fit.)

Currently on a VERY comfortable bus (with a Stewart who has offered me water, Beal Juice and buns a total of 5 times since starting this ride 3 hours ago!) Scheduled to arrive in Bangkok at 5 am.

Plan going forward:
·      5-7am – find Wi-Fi and book flights to Burma. (Required to get a Visa)
·      7am – Get in line at Burma (Myamar) Embassy to get a “Visa in a day” (Hopefully get paperwork in and be done by 10am … to return at 3:30pm for collection.)
·      Visit James Fashion and get 5 white shirts tailored and a suite. (To do this right … one should have a min of 2 fittings … and 5 is preferable.) If good planning has it, I’ll have another fitting on 11th and a 3rd on 18th or 19th prior to flying home.)
·      Visit Bike Store - brake pads, tubes, better patch kit, shoes? (one sneaker and one cycling shoe is working pretty well.)
·      Tempted to get a ‘good’ camera. May have a look.
·      Take a night bus to Ragoon? (It’s about 5 hours I think. More research required.)
·      Thursday to Saturday: Ride 300 Km to Kata Beach Resort and Marina to arrive by 3pm on Saturday, Nov 29 to Crew on the 72’ Shatoosh for the Kings Cup Sailing Regatta.
·      Sail until Dec 11
·      Dec 11-18 – Fly Mandalay, Burma. Pretty sure I will cycle West to Rakhine State. (Big festival in Sitttwe that I should research a little more … to see if the dates work.)

·      Dec 19 – Home Sweet Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment